MAP Logo
St. James Catholic Church
Exterior - Existing with New Addition
Exterior - Existing with New Addition
Previous Elevation
Previous Elevation
During Construction
During Construction
Renovated Interior
Renovated Interior
Renovated Exterior
Renovated Exterior
New Addition
New Addition
Rear Elevation
Rear Elevation
Revised Floor Plan
Revised Floor Plan

This complex includes a shingled Gothic Revivial church built in 1935, a small school building dating to 1901, and cemetery with burials dating back to 1835. In 2015 the St. James the Greater Catholic Mission of Catholic Hill, Ritter, SC was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.The original sanctuary was built in 1833 and this is the third structure to serve the Church

This 2012 project was an addition/renovation to the existing school building (1901). All electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems as well as structural problems had to be address and a modest 1,400 sf addition was designed. This will give the congregation a sensible meeting hall which can seat 75 to 100, men’s and women’s restrooms, instructional areas for religious education, and a full commercial kitchen